Monday, August 22, 2011

Worthy Pursuits...


August 22, 2011

Proverbs `12:11 Whoever works his land will have plenty of bread, but he who follows worthless pursuits lacks sense

God definitely doesn’t want His children to be idle; he deeply wants us to be involved in a work that He has given to us. For me that’s homeschooling my children, taking care of our home, and helping Terry in the family business. Is this what I had planned for my life, not really, but this is what God has planned. Pursuing worthless things can be a hard thing for me to overcome. It is sometimes easy for me to be sidetracked by other more fun or interesting adventures than homeschooling, yet here God tells me that this is proof I “lack sense.” Sounds funny right! But I don’t want to look back on days where I choose the least important thing to pursue.  


No comments:

Post a Comment