Monday, August 8, 2011

Be Prepared...


August 8, 2011

Proverbs 31:27 …does not eat the bread of idleness

I must admit that the taste of idleness is good to my lips. I am by nature a true procrastinator. This I know is sin and true to the character of God, He will work to rid His children of their sin. I know that God has been working on this in my life heavily for the past year of so, and even more so in the past few weeks. I have learned that only in being prepared will I ever be successful in what I hope to accomplish. This is never truer than in our home schooling. I can only expect my children to be successful to the degree that I am prepared. I know, because I have done this, we cannot go up to the schoolroom and do well that day if I am not prepared. Consequently I cannot be prepared if I have eaten the bread of idleness. I want to be successful at all that God has given me to do; I want to know when I lay my head down at night that I have given my all to my responsibilities, yet, to do this I must give up my taste of idleness. This is hard for me. I know that there some overachievers out there that will not understand this, but for me it is true. We all, everyone of us, have areas that are hard for us, that we must battle our flesh for, we should expect that God would want us to rid ourselves of them, and He will accomplish this by bringing it up in our lives constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment