Monday, June 25, 2012

being disappointed...


June 25, 2012

Isaiah 1:1-10

V2 …”Children have I reared and brought up, but they have rebelled against me.”



I remember the first time one of my children lied to me the very first time. It wasn’t over something huge, but I remember how my heart hurt. How I was so shocked; I don’t know why really, I knew they weren’t perfect. Yet, for some reason knowing they lied to me was hard to handle. I often wonder if God feels like this each time I sin. If His heart hurts each time I choose to disobey His word. Of course God’s disappointment would be far greater than mine because He is God and I am not.

1 comment:

  1. I often think of not just my child's sin but how do I respond. I often sin in my response and then I think "How would God have responded?" Boy am I humbled! I know that I have hurt God in my response. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete