Thursday, August 4, 2011

Search Me...

August 4, 2011

Ephesians 1:9 making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose…

I was recently confronted with something not quite right in my life. I had assumed that I had grown enough in my Christian walk to understand God’s will. What I mean by that is, I know that it is perfect, and full of only good things and that no matter how it might line up with what I want it is always best. Sounds good right, sounds like what every believer should want in their lives. I have a great amount of head knowledge on this topic, and I have in my life lived this, trusted this, and was given great peace because of this principle. Yet, yesterday I was reminded that I am not perfect and should not assume that a lesson once learned won’t ever have to be relearned. I have been praying for something very specific. I have prayed that God’s will be done in a certain situation, yet, in my mind I could only see one outcome to the problem. Therefore that would certainly be the one that God would choose right? I mean I prayed for God’s will, but in the back of my mind I KNEW that God wouldn’t pick the other choice, right? This of course was sin. This was wrong; God is, of course, going to choose His will, not mine, no matter how I word my prayer. And I don’t really want Him to do otherwise. So, I will need great amounts of God’s peace, and grace to accept what might very well be His will in this situation. That’s ok because I know that He will provide it. This, I think, is a great example of why we must always be examining ourselves to see if there is any sin in our lives. I would never have thought I would try to presume how God would work out any situation, yet, there I was doing it. There are perhaps, most likely, other areas of my life where sin still lurks like a thief, and without daily asking for God to search me I will never find it.


No comments:

Post a Comment