Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Casting Our Cares...

August 3, 2011

Psalm 142:2 I pour out my complaint before him; I tell my trouble before him

As I read that this morning I realized how truly blessed we are as Christians. Now anyone with any sort of idol could sit in front of it, and proceed to tell their troubles to it. However, where the difference in our ability to do this to God is that He will answer us. He will answer us with His comfort, His strength, His peace, and His guidance. He is more than simply a sounding board that we can bounce our troubles off of. He cares for those that are His. How often do we only make use of the fact that we can tell Him our troubles and unburden our souls but never really seek His guidance in handling the difficulties that come our way? How often do we assume that we know what is best in every situation? Yet, when we find that we don’t and we find that we have made things worse we come running right back to God? Thankfully, He is always there.

No comments:

Post a Comment