Thursday, February 7, 2013

temporary pain still hurts...


February 7, 2013
1 Peter 1:4-6
V6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials

In this “need it right now” instant gratification society that surrounds us, this is a hard concept to understand. What we have now or what we are going through is just temporary. Knowing that and having to live that is altogether different, isn’t it? I know it. I believe it with all my heart; I believe that I have an “inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in Heaven,” I know that this is true. Knowing this doesn’t keep the arrows of life’s problems from stinging, and sometimes drawing blood. Knowing that I have a “rock” to go to for shelter from those arrows is what keeps us going in times of struggle and pain. How thankful we should be to know that the pain of today is just temporary?

No comments:

Post a Comment