Friday, August 19, 2011

The Stormy Winds...


August 19, 2011

John 6:16-18

V 18 Then a high wind arose and the sea began to churn

How many times are we just walking through life cooking dinners, raising children, doing laundry, picking up toys from the living room floor, going to work, all those things that just make up our day when WHAM! from out of nowhere a trial will come and sweep us off our feet? We don’t see it coming; we don’t have time to prepare, it’s like a freak summer thunderstorm that will blow your life around. At that moment perhaps we freak out, perhaps we wonder why God is bringing us through this pain; perhaps we even wonder how we could have missed this coming into our lives. I doubt that we praise Him, or at least it takes me a while to remember that all things are for my good, and all things are worthy of praise. I had such an experience recently in my life. It completely blew me off my feet; I’ll never forget it. Yet, I can sit here many months later and praise God for it. It was an answer to many prayers; it was also the way in which I learned so much about God. I would never have believed that this would be how God would choose to work but He did. Would I want to walk the path again? Maybe, maybe not, but I know that God would hold me if I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment