Thursday, September 1, 2011

You Snooze You Lose...


September 1, 2011

Psalm 119:148 My eyes are awake before the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promise

I believe that it is necessary to start of any morning off with time spent getting to know God through His word. God has shown me many times that this is truth. My days on the mornings that I do this are much more productive, run much smoother and are all around better than the morning’s that I do not. My one main problem with this schedule; I love to stay up late. Yep, love it! However, it makes getting up early difficult. I really long for the mornings when I would wake up way before anyone else and just enjoy the quiet alone with God. Yet, our selfish desires are hard to battle. It’s yet another example of my heart knowing what I should be doing but my flesh not willing to do what is necessary to achieve it. So, I’m going to endeavor to change my sleeping and waking habits; we will see how I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment