Monday, September 19, 2011

"...for the life of the world."


September 19, 2011

John 6:51 …the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh



The Book of John is absolutely full of statements like this. You almost can’t take it all in at once; I’m discovering I need processing time to really soak up its meaning. However, it is a very straight forward book about Jesus and His love for us and His Father. I can see why it would be a great place to start if you wanted to really find out about Jesus and His love for you. It’s been a while since I’ve read John and I’m discovering verses that I’ve never seen before. Today is an example of that…”…the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh”. We have already seen that He called Himself “The Bread of Life”, so it would stand to reason that He is speaking of giving Himself up for the life of the World. For people who will mock Him; for people who even after accepting Him will many times choose their sin over devotion. For this He gives Himself for the life of the world. I think that’s convicting…don’t’ you?

No comments:

Post a Comment