Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Root and The Bread...


John 6:42-48


V 48 I am the bread of life 

I love the picture that represents; I always have. I have written about it many times on this blog, in my journals. I have so much written to remind myself that “eating of the bread” is what sustains me; it is what makes the Christian walk I’m trying to lead possible. Last night in a class on the last chapter of Revelation, I heard of another way to descried Jesus. In Revelation 22:16 Jesus says, “I am the root…”, and when I read that I thought of John 6 where He said “I am the bread of life”. There are many similarities with these two statements. The bread or food to the life of a human is vitally important. We cannot live with out it. The same with the root of a tree; the root is fundamental to the survival of the tree. It sustains the tree; it controls the growth of the tree, it supports the tree, and it feeds the tree. The root helps secure the tree in times of storm. Jesus is that to us. He is our root. He is the food that sustains us, protects us, and I am constantly amazed that He desires to know us.

No comments:

Post a Comment