Friday, September 23, 2011

Faking it...


September 23, 2011

1 Chronicles 28:9 and you, Solomon my son, know the God of your father and serve him with a whole heart and with a wiling mind, for the LORD searches all hearts and understands every plan and thought. If you seek him he will be found but if you forsake him, he will cast you off forever.



“To serve with a whole heart and a willing mind”…I’ve done that before but I’ve also done the opposite. I’ve put the same smile on my face as always, and did the work that I knew I could do. I can fake it pretty good when I have to, however, that’s not a thing to be proud of. It was not done in secret. Granted those around me never knew that I had done that, that I was faking my willingness or my happiness, but God did. God knows the hearts of men and He knows what motivates us. He will know when my heart is willing or when I am merely just going through the motions just because, and He will also know the anger that breeds within me. I tell my children all the time that what they do in secret is always known to God, perhaps I should remember that myself! He will know when I am willing or when I am faking.

No comments:

Post a Comment