Friday, September 30, 2011

Listening and Hearing...


September 30, 2011

Ezekiel 20:8 but they rebelled against me and were not willing to listen to me. None of them cast away the detestable things their eyes feasted on, not did they forsake the idols of Egypt



Am I willing to listen? Isn’t that the question? Am I willing to listen and hear that what I want might not be the outcome that God wills? Isn’t that the even better question? I find myself wondering as I read these passages of people who were willing, no matter what the situation or circumstance, someone had to be willing to put aside their desire for what was God’s will. I wonder what or how that was possible. Being willing…is turning out to be the hardest thing I have encountered as a Christian. Being willing to accept that God’s will might be different than my own is extremely difficult. And not because I think I know more than God, not because I don’t know that God  knows all things and is in control and not because I don’t whole-heartedly believe that God wants the best for me; but because believing that God’s will is different than what I desire is hard. It’s hard to accept that what is, is what will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment