Tuesday, September 27, 2011

They Rejoiced...


September 27, 2011

1 Chronicles 29:9 Then the people rejoiced because they had given willingly, for with a whole heart they had offered freely to the Lord…



They rejoiced. It’s apparent that some sort of sacrifice was made whether it was monetary or time or whatever; they had to give up something. Instead of being resentful for that sacrifice they were rejoicing. They were happy. Wouldn’t we be the same? Wouldn’t we find much greater peace and happiness in the actual cheerful giving of our sacrifice (be it money or time or energy or whatever…) than we would ever get from what we sacrificed. I think I fail to see that; I fail to see that my reward is greater than my unwillingness to do whatever I’m called to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment