Friday, June 17, 2011

Whispers...

June 17, 2011


Ecclesiastes 9:1-18

V 17 the words of the wise heard in quiet are better than the shouting of a ruler among fools


“The words of the wise heard in quiet…” the word that automatically caught my attention here…quiet. Yep, quiet. Meaning not yelled at the top of your voice, filled with enough emotion to float a battle ship, at a decibel that would break glass, but quiet. I guess it’s not hard to figure out which is my normal response to difficulty; if you picked screaming at the top of my lungs you would win the prize. I find this one little thing so very difficult to concur. I don’t know why but the more frustrated I get the louder I get. I know that quiet words speak loudest because on the very few times I’ve managed to calm myself down and explain things to my children they have listened and obeyed. Yet, even knowing this I find that I’m still somewhat loud! I can only hope that as my children watch me try to concur this, they will see and understand that only through a heavy dependence on Christ can we ever overcome our sin issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment