Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Grizzly Bear, a Salmon, and My Life...

June 16, 2011


Ecclesiastes 8:1-17

V 17 then I saw all the work of God…

For school this summer we are doing math and science (I know, bad Mamma, summer school!!), so yesterday we were watching a show on Netflix called, “Bear Island.” We are studying bears so I thought it would be a good show to add to what they were learning. It was a very interesting show and they enjoyed it. What I really never expected to get from it was a reaffirming of God’s role in creation. Apparently these grizzly bears who live on this island in Alaska eat salmon, lots of salmon, but they only eat certain parts of it and leave the rest to rot scattered all though out this island. The rotting salmon in turn forms compost that makes this rainforest flourish. As I sat listening to this narrator talk about how this cycle works, I thought how amazing it was that God before creation knew exactly what part both the bear and the salmon would play in keeping the forest healthy. I’m reminded of the verse that talks about how much God cares for the birds of the air and how much more He cares for me. I may not see how my actions or the actions of others contribute to the cycle of my life, but I can rest in knowing that God knows and He controls it. We are all the work of God and everything He does is for our good and His glory. However much that concept is hard to rest in when the roads we travel are hard and painful, yet it’s still true, God still control and still has a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment