Thursday, June 30, 2011

Behold the Lamb...

June 30, 2011


John 1:20-29

V 29 The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

As I read that, I thought what an amazing sight that must have been for John. This man’s main purpose in his life was to prepare the way for the coming Messiah. He knew this; he was prepared from birth to do this. I love the story of when Mary went to visit Elizabeth right after she found out she was to be the mother of Jesus, and Elizabeth’s baby, John the Baptist, leapt in her womb. He knew even as an unborn child that this was Jesus. So, this man who had spent his life knowing he was to prepare the way for Him is finally seeing Him for the first time. I imagine that was a moment that words cannot describe. Last night we had the privilege to sit in on our youth group’s lesson in Revelation (it was great by the way), and that brought to my mind Jesus’ Triumphant Return. What a difference that appearing will be than the one here in John? Even though I wasn’t able to see or experience what John did when He first saw Jesus the first time; I will be able to see that return and what a glorious day that will be. For some of us…

No comments:

Post a Comment