Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Being Persued...

June 8, 2011


Luke 15:4 “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it?

It’s hard to hide the fact that there are times in my life where I slack on having my quiet moment with God; I mean it’s out there for people to notice. That is one of the main reasons that I chose to “go public” with my quiet times, so to speak; there is a lot to be said for accountability. As I sat down this morning, to have my quiet time I was praying and thanking God that He is always pulling me back in when I go astray. I know that when I’m not having a daily relationship He is calling to me. I was suddenly reminded of this verse “…does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one…” today I was that “one”. He came after me; how absolutely beautiful, comforting, rejoicing, and a million other adjectives that is to know. I belong; I’m important. He pursues me. Many, many times after I return to quiet times after a long absence I feel guilty, and I should, but today, I felt loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment