Saturday, June 11, 2011

Actions are Hard...

June 11, 2011


Ecclesiastes 5:1-7

V 2 be not rash with your mouth, nor let your heart be hasty to utter a word…Therefore let your words be few.

This passage is warning against making vain promises to perform sacrifices to God without actually following through with it. In essence, if we aren’t going to perform the action don’t say the words. Funny thing not 60 seconds from typing this I just said to Jackson “Actions speak lots louder than words…it’s easier to tell someone you love them but much harder to actually show that love.” Why? Because mostly actions must cost us something. In the days that Solomon wrote Ecclesiastes, to offer a sacrifices cost much money, so people would make excuses as to why they could not do what they had promised God. Same here today, it’s easy to say that we love God in a very general way, but to allow Him to change who we are on an everyday level is harder. It requires us to act on what we know He would want us to do, rather than on what our flesh lead us to. I find it funny and ironic that this passage deals with words, as it is with my words that I often find myself in trouble. Changing how and what I say is hard; it requires self-control in bringing my emotions under control. Actions may speak louder but they are so much harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment