Thursday, June 9, 2011

What You Can't Avoid...

June 9, 2011


Ecclesiastes 3:16-22

V 18 I said in my heart with regard to the children of man that God is testing them that they may see that they themselves are but beasts

Don’t you just love it when your sin hits you smack in the face; no avoiding it because it’s right there? It can come in the form of someone lovingly pointing it out to you, or you can realize it on your own, or worse you can see it in the lives of those we influence the most, our children. This always hurts me most. I know what I struggle with the most, sin wise. I do not want to pass those along to my children. I’m reminded of the verse the apostle Paul wrote about how he knew what he wanted to do but his flesh was incapable of producing the fruit he so desired on its own. Same here, I know the sort of wife, mom, or whatever I want to be, yet, my flesh often gets in the way of that happening. I think God wants us to realize this; He wants us to know that we can’t do it. For it is in those times we are humble and accepting of His help. “Blessed are those whose strength is in You…(Psalm 84:5.)

No comments:

Post a Comment