Tuesday, June 21, 2011

With the Best of Intentions...

June 21, 2011


Ecclesiastes 12:1:14

V 14 For God will bring every deed into judgment with every secret thing, whether good or evil

Yesterday one of my children asked me this question, “You think God saw me do that?” well I was sure of one thing, whatever the “thing” was they did they knew it was wrong. The answer of course is yes. Which I explained to them, God sees everything even what is done in secret, even what our heart screams and no one knows but us. This is a common theme in God’s word; we all, who have even a passing knowledge of the Bible, know this. Yet, I doubt that we live like it. I doubt that we realize the smile we wear while we harbor anger in our hearts does not fool God. I doubt that we think about the fact if we do things with the wrong heart attitude, God says it is better to not do them at all. This is impossible to accomplish isn’t it? It’s hard to always do things with the best of intentions; isn’t it wonderful that we have God’s grace and forgiveness!

No comments:

Post a Comment