Thursday, August 19, 2010

Knowing God More and More...

August 19, 2010


1 Thessalonians 3:13-4:8

V 4:1 …that you do so more and more

I think that Paul is telling the Thessalonians and us that we can never know too much about God. We can never get to a spot where we can say I know enough; I don’t need to do anything else. It’s easy to get into a routine…our time with God can easily become automatic. We get up, we pray the “same” sort of prayer each day and then we read a passage, and we think were set. We think we have enough to deal with all that will be thrown at us that day. It’s been my experience that when my time with God becomes routine, I can no longer deal with my frustrations in a way that’s pleasing to God or me really. I find that I slip into the sins that often plague me. In order to just deal with life, I must seek to know God “…more and more.”

1 comment: