Tuesday, December 7, 2010

For He has Made Me Glad...

December 7, 2010


Psalm 86:4 Gladden the soul of your servant, for to you, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.

How surprised I was to read “Gladden the soul of your servant…” I don’t know why; of course, I know that we aren’t always “Glad”. However, if we are to pray for gladness perhaps we are supposed to always be glad. Glad has several definitions listed in the dictionary but this one…characterized by or showing cheerfulness, joy or pleasing looks. So, perhaps we aren’t really “in the mood” to be glad, or we are having a rough day, or we are just tired and grumpy; yet, we are to be glad. We are to be glad because He has made us glad. And once again I’m learning that our circumstances have little to nothing to do with our gladness.

No comments:

Post a Comment