Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Shout it Out...

July 20, 2011

John 4:27-42

V 39 Many Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me all that I ever did.”

How many have believed because of what I have testified? I don’t really know the answer to that, I’d guess not many and certainly not as many as this lady. True, her testimony is pretty WOW inducing; someone walking up to her and laying out all her dirty laundry would be pretty convincing. Yet, I can’t say that God has never done something as powerful as that for me. I can say that God has done some pretty miraculous things in my life. Have I used those miracles to testify to the power of God…probably not?  Has it even occurred to me to do so…maybe? I think that every verse in God’s word can be and is useful for instruction in our lives. Here we learn of a woman who was most likely the subject of much gossip due to her lifestyle, someone who was scorned by those around her, someone who went out of her way to avoid being around others; yet, she runs, leaves her water jug, to tell those same people of what she has just heard. May I be so enthusiastic to proclaim what God has done for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment