Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Mighty in Power...


July 6, 2011
John 2:13-22
This is one of my favorite passages about Jesus. Why? Simply put, it is the exact opposite of what the world perceives Jesus to be. The world sees Jesus as a good man and I believe a somewhat weak one; yet, when it comes to His fathers’ will and word a powerful one, and this reflects that. I think that the world confuses meek with weak, and the one thing Jesus is not, is weak. I like this passage because it points to His power and might. “And making a whip of cords, he drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and oxen. And he poured out the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables. (v 15).” I mean can you imagine the strength, power and righteous anger that poured out of Him. There would have been no doubt in anyone’s mind that this man was not weak or mild had you been a witness to this account. This also reminds me of the Jesus that will return one day. That Jesus will be awesome in power also. The Jesus that I know and love is not weak but strong enough to make sure that His Father’s house is not blasphemed, and to follow His Fathers’ will to the cross, and to triumphantly return for those that are His Fathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment