Saturday, July 2, 2011

Follow Me...

July 2, 2011


John 1:43-51

V 43 The next day Jesus decided to go to Galilee. He found Phillip and said to him, “Follow me.”

Has Jesus ever said to you, “Follow me”? Maybe not in the same manner that He spoke to Phillip. Not audibly and in the flesh, instead, through the work of the Holy Spirit speaking to your heart. But has He called you to follow Him into an area that you fear? He has me…and unfortunately it took me a long time to obey. I wish I could say that I obeyed immediately when He called me, but I can’t. Instead, I let fear stop me. Fear of many things man, failure, the work involved. Yet, when I finally did obey, I found that it wasn’t nearly as bad as I had anticipated. Sometimes God will call you to follow Him to a place that will be painful and full of hurt, yet, you will come out much better in the end. Unlike the world, God doesn’t hurt us just because He can; He wants to mold us and shape us into the image of His Son. And many times fire is required to change us. I have to ask myself, how many times Jesus has said “Follow me” and I have totally ignored Him, pretended that I didn’t hear, and even went so far as to quit coming to Him because I knew I would hear those words “Follow me”. I hurt to think of that because I know that when I have needed God He has always been there for me; He has never abandoned me to the world. Too bad I can’t say the same…

No comments:

Post a Comment