Tuesday, March 15, 2011

No Screaming Allowed...

March 15, 2011


Revelation 2:2 I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil, but have tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false

Two times in this passage in Revelation patience was used with endurance. This is the first time I’ve encountered this in my word study of endurance. And quite frankly it scares me to death…I can deal with just endurance much better than knowing I have to be patient about it too!! I can look out at my life and knowing the things that might come my way and be prepared to face it; yet, knowing I have to patient and quiet through them adds an extra burden to me. I look at patience as quietly accepting any and all things that might come our way. I guess what I’m trying to say is, that knowing that I could scream my way through a trial makes enduring seem easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment