Friday, March 25, 2011

Being Resourceful...and Good at Math!!

March 25, 2011


Proverbs 31:16 She considers a field and buys it; with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard

Let me start off by saying that Terry handles all our financial stuff; mainly, I think because his mind is geared to that much better than mine. I freak out at any and all thoughts of math; however, I love money!! I think this lady I’m learning so much about was resourceful, and just maybe pretty good at math!! I’m not a biblical scholar but I wonder if she did these things because that’s how her mind was geared, like Terry’s. But just because this might not be my strong suit gives me no excuse not to use my gifts to better my family’s life. That’s what I think the Proverbs 31 woman is doing here; she is taking a gift God has given her, her entrepreneurial mind, and using it to make her family prosper. I may not be able to comprehend how to sell a field and buy another one, or really anything in the realm of “business” but perhaps, God has other ways for me to help my family. I’m sure that He has; I just have to open to any possibility that may present itself. Also, I’d like to point out the fact that this lady obliviously worked outside her home. I’m not sure because the bible isn’t specific of exactly what that entailed, but I can be sure of one thing. Her family never suffered for her extra activities. She did what she did not out of a sense to be a better “woman”, but to make her family better. There was no selfish motive behind her; instead, there was great selfless-ness (is that a word?). I can say that because it was done with a great amount of self-sacrifice. Yesterday’s verse is a great example “She rises while it is yet night…” she willingly sacrificed her sleep to see that she accomplished all she needed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment