Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Holding Fast...

March 1, 2011


Luke 21:19 By your endurance you will gain your lives


Matthew 24:13 but he who endures to the end shall be saved…

As I read these verses on endurance this morning, how very glad I was to know that my salvation is dependent on God not me. As my recent life can attest to, if my endurance secured my salvation I’d be in trouble. However, that is not what these verses are suggesting. Instead, God keeps and secures our perseverance. Jeremiah 32:40 says, “I will put My fear in their hearts so that they will not depart from Me.” I’m not passive in my endurance, however, I have responsibilities in order to maintain or holdfast to what I know. This is where I have fallen; where I have failed in the area of holding fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment