Wednesday, March 23, 2011

An Excellent Woman, Couponing, and Kroger

March 23, 2011


Proverbs 31:14 She is like the ships of the merchant; she brings her food from afar

This verse reminds me of a few years ago; one Sunday night, we come home from church, and caught the very end of a program on the Food Network. It was about this lady who had made couponing and stockpiling her life’s work. Well, after some research, Terry and I decided to give it a shot. I well remember my first trip, ever, to Kroger. For some reason I was so nervous, yet, that trip changed our lives, as far as grocery shopping went. Then like most things that are hard and require work, I gave it up or rather wasn’t diligent in it anymore. Then through the life of my great sis-in-law, Jen (read about her couponing adventures here), I was convicted to give couponing another shot. Sadly, it wasn’t that I decided that couponing wasn’t working or worth the effort; I had just gotten lazy. This is a great way for our family to: a.) eat great food and b.) save LOTS of money. Despite the amount of time couponing takes I am determined to see this through (this time.) “Excellent women would go far to secure the best food for their families (MSB).”

No comments:

Post a Comment