Saturday, March 19, 2011

What is Evil?

March 19, 2011


Proverbs 31:12 She does him good and not evil all the days of her life

I can’t imagine doing something evil to the man your married to; I mean aren’t we supposed to love and honor that man. Yet, perhaps, I put too nice a spin on evil. Maybe, what I would consider just a bad mood, or PMS, or maybe “his fault”, God would consider evil. Maybe, what I would consider a blah day and avoid my responsibilities God would consider evil. For in His word He does tell us in 1 Timothy 5:6 “…but she who is self-indulgent is dead while she lives”, and by the way, I didn’t add the “she’s” in that verse those are God’s. Furthermore, what are bad moods, PMS excuses, blame, and laziness if not self-indulgence. Maybe I should judge my standards by God’s and not my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment