Thursday, March 31, 2011

Be Prepared...

March 31, 2011


Proverbs 31:21 She is not afraid of snow for her household, for all her household are clothed in scarlet

Snow here represents the cold that would have reached her home in early Palestine. Yet, she was not concerned about it, but she was prepared for it. Being prepared is not something that just happens, unfortunately. It is something that must be planned for. Prepared is defined as “organized or equipped; ready”. I have in the past few years discovered the blessings of living an organized life. Although, this is not my normal inclination; it is a state that I relish being in. However, for me this is work. I’m not one of those ladies that this comes natural for. I recently spent all our spring break cleaning up kid’s closets, rooms and our playroom. I felt so much better when it was completed but it was hard work. Not only was it hard to clean but it’s hard to make sure it stays that way. I believe there is no way to be prepared, or to have our family prepared, without being organized on a daily basis. And for some of us this means work and more work!

No comments:

Post a Comment