Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Day 26 even in the yelling, screaming and anxiety...


November 26, 2013
Deuteronomy 32:2 May my teaching drop as the rain, my speech distill as the dew, like gentle rain upon the tender grass and like showers upon the herb

This verse is my “verse” for our school year this year. I have a love hate relationship with home school. Yet, if I were told that for some reason I couldn’t home school I would be so very sad. I have loved the time I have spent with my children in our little upstairs schoolroom, and I look forward to the few years we have left before they reenter public school. I have learned so much about myself. I have grown so much and actually learned many things about the various subjects I have taught my kids. Wait…I thought the purpose of home school was to teach the children; it is, the things I have learned both in subject areas and about me are just by-products. I have never experienced any fear like the fear of discovering that I have failed to prepare my kids for school outside our home. I have, no lie, woken up at night in a sweat because I had dreamed that my kids weren’t ready for school. They will be I know, but still to be solely responsible for something so vast will weigh on your soul. I have had so many people tell me they wouldn’t have the patience to home school and the fact is that some days I don’t either, but I would never want to do things differently!

No comments:

Post a Comment