Monday, November 11, 2013

Day 9, 10, 11 Christ's love and sacrifice...


November 11, 2013

Day 9 God’s Power “Be exalted, O Lord, in your strength will sing and praise your power” Psalm 21:13

Day 10 finding God “I love those who love me and those who eek me diligently find me” Psalm 8:17

Day 11 Christ’s Love “And walk in love as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us a fragrant offering and a sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:2

Today I am thankful that Christ so loved us that He gave up His life for all who believe and call upon His name. He gave His life for me. Last night we celebrated The Lord’s Supper at our church. There is absolutely nothing that really puts the sufferings of Christ into the forefront of things than The Lord’s Supper. We are reminded of both the physical and spiritual sufferings of Christ. It was and is no small thing the forgiveness of sins. Yet, I think that we take it as easy. We sometimes just assume that since we are saved and God willingly forgives His children a simple “Forgive me” is all we have to do. That is true, of course, God does simply forgive us because Jesus paid for that, He gave up His life for us to say, “Forgive Me.” We should never forget what that forgiveness cost!

No comments:

Post a Comment