Thursday, November 14, 2013

Day 14 let our love welcome you....


November 14, 2013
Day 13 “I will sprinkle clean water and I will give you a new heart, I will put my spirit within you”
Ezekiel 36:25-27

Day 14
“…we who are many are one body” 1 Corinthians 10:17

We, Terry and I, have been going to the same church for many years. Almost as long as we have been married as a matter of fact. Many of those members are the same, some are new, but all are special. It’s a relatively small church compared to some, and if you happen to judge a churches worth by number of members then you might think less of us. However, God doesn’t play numbers games; He doesn’t decide the worth of His church with how many members. He decides worth based on heart attitudes. We, as a church, have been through stuff; some good, and some not so good. We have laughed, a whole lot, we have cried. We even choose to hang out with each other outside of church. We have seen the birth of many many children. We have watched them grow up and move away to college. We haven’t had a wedding, yet, but with all of those children we will someday soon! Fortunately we have not experienced death from within our members yet, but we will death is a part of life after all. I wouldn’t ever want to walk the valleys of this life without my church, my family. They make the valleys less difficult and the mountaintops way more fun. Going to church, for a believer, isn’t really an option; in fact it’s a commandment, but it’s not a hardship (if it is for you maybe you aren’t in the right one!). If you don’t have a church home, or if what I have written about today seem foreign to you, you are welcome to try mine on for size and let our love welcome you!


No comments:

Post a Comment