Friday, November 22, 2013

Day 22 belonging...


November 22, 2013
Song of Solomon 2:16 “My beloved is mine and I am my his…”

My marriage isn’t perfect of course because it’s made up of two imperfect people, but it is pretty close. I read a lot, a whole lot, and my marriage could fit into any love story. I have one of those husbands who sacrifice for me, who shows me he loves me by the little things he does, by the words he uses when he speaks to me. He treats me like I’m a queen. I really had no idea how marriage was supposed to work when we walked up that isle 16 years ago. I had no idea what to do or how to do it, but when I put my hand in his and he lead me up that isle we began our journey together. We learned together through all the ups and downs, of which there have been many. We have a very close relationship. We do everything together. More importantly we want to do everything together.  Our lives have been filled with so much joy it can barely be contained; even in the midst of hard circumstances. There have been hard roads we have traveled. We have experienced ups and downs that are common to any marriage but we weathered them hand in hand; never allowing any thoughts of giving up to enter our minds. I love him with all my heart and I go to bed knowing that he loves me just the same. All I have written is absolute truth but it isn’t because Terry and me are anything special. It’s because God is the something special in our marriage. He leads us. He guides us. He keeps us.

No comments:

Post a Comment