Monday, November 4, 2013

My Journey of Thankfulness 2013


November 4, 2013
As I have done for the past several Novembers I am taking the time to list things that I am thankful for. I mean, God has been so very gracious to me I could make list after list of things I am thankful for. I have in the past concentrated on several different things for which I’m thankful. This year I am only concentrating on verses for God’s word, which tell of a certain attribute about God that I’m thankful for. For instance…

Day 1 God Answers Prayers
       “And whatever you ask in my name that I will do that the Father may be glorified in the Son”
                             John 14:13

Day 2 God’s Forgiveness
       “But with You there is forgiveness that you may be feared.”
                             Psalm 130:4



Day 3 God’s Faithfulness
       “A God of faithfulness and without iniquity just and upright is He”
                             Deuteronomy 32:4

Day 4 God’s New Day
       “Joy comes in the morning.”
                             Psalm 30:5

No matter what may be going on in our lives. No matter what the trial or turmoil. No matter if it’s the darkest day we have ever walked or lived. There is Joy in the morning. There is the joy of light found in each new day. There is joy of light found in every moment we call out to and grasp His hand as He leads us through the valley. There is joy as we smile when we have, according to the world and our circumstances, absolutely nothing to smile about. We have joy. Only He is the author of our new days and our joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment