Wednesday, April 3, 2013

How to honor Him?


April 3, 2013
Proverbs 3:9 Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the first fruits of all your produce

The Lord has blessed my family more than I have ever dreamed possible. He has poured open the floodgates of Heaven and rained down blessings upon us. I’m not talking about money, although He provides that as well, I’m talking about all the other things He has given me. All the little parts of my life that make it the amazing one it is. Recently, I heard about the death of a very young woman. She was a wife, a mother, and apparently a wonderful friend to many, but what really is compelling to me about her was her love for God. She lifted Him up in song and she lifted Him up with her life. She gave of her first fruits. The death of this young woman has caused me to reflect on my life. To ask myself if I give my first fruits; to ask myself what would be the testimony of my life if I was tragically gone from it. The goal of each day should be “honoring the Lord with my wealth…” with all I have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment