Thursday, November 10, 2011

from the other side of the world...


November 10, 2011

James 1:27 Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this; to visit orphans and widows in their affliction and to keep oneself unstained from the world



Today I am thankful for adoption. Mine, into the family of God; I am thankful that God saw me and saved me. I am thankful that although I had done nothing deserving of it; He gave me salvation. I am also thankful today for the earthly adoption of my two sweet nephews, Eli and Gateon. I have the wonderful privilege of loving on these little guys all the time. They are the sweetest two boys and I love them like I do all my other natural born nieces and nephews. Funny thing is, I usually don’t think of them as adopted; this is how tightly God knits together families. Eli was adopted first from South Korea and a few years later came Gateon from Hong Kong. I look at them and see family; just like I look at all the other McCormick clan. Its really awe inspiring how God can take two little boys from the other side of the world and knit them so tightly into a family in Tennessee that we don’t really remember a time when they weren’t with us!! I am blessed beyond measure to be called Aunt Kirstie by these two sweeties!! (and yes, I love my other 10 nieces and nephews too!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment