Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Living Lives that Read...

May 18, 2011


Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from you commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

I’m sure if we were to ask ourselves the question, “Do we want to seek God with our whole heart?” Our answers would be “yes.” However, as I tell my children repeatedly it’s your actions that count. It is in our actions that we, if we are honest with ourselves, can see if we seek God with our whole heart. Or perhaps, we only do it when things are easy. When things go the way we want them to, the way we “prayed” for them to go. These verses sound great, and they make us feel good when we pray them. Yet, if we never live our lives to prove them correct we are just saying words. Unless our actions reflect them they are meaningless. That’s the hard part of living a Christ filled life isn’t it…the actual living out of what we read. The knowledge that our lives should read like the words printed in God’s Word is hard to fulfill. If the world never reads one psalm or one proverb or one word of wisdom form Paul, if it can look at our lives and see Jesus haven’t we obeyed? What a shame that our selfish desires make this so difficult to actually live out.

No comments:

Post a Comment