Thursday, January 16, 2014

in the shadows there is joy...

January 16, 2014
Psalm 63:7 For you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.


I love the imagery of God being the eagle in which I can climb on. I love picturing Him with the strength and majesty to carry me when I can’t carry myself. Not only can we climb upon His wing to travel when our road is too tough but we can also rest in the shadow of that wing when the road is too hot. Living where we do we understand the importance of a little shade! We know how to find the smallest sliver of shade and stand in it to avoid the sun’s rays. That’s what this verse is talking about. I no longer have to fear the heat of my situations because I can always rest in the “shade” of His wings. There is much joy there because the roads of our lives sometimes feel like the heat of the sun is shinning directly on them making our way unbearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment