Friday, November 18, 2011

Thankfull in Weaknesses...


November 18, 2011

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 but he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weakness, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities, For when I am weak, then I am strong



What an odd concept, to be glad of our weakness. Many today work so hard to cover up a perceived weakness or flaw, that we never stop to think why God would give it to us; or maybe we never acknowledge that He gave it to us in the first place. Our weaknesses aren’t things to brag about to be sure, but they are areas in which we can see God’s work in us. And if we are willing to allow Him to change us; we can see His power. And if we are willing to be transparent others can learn through our weaknesses and can see God’s power. So, today I am thankful for my weaknesses because I can look back and see His power through them. I can see where He has grown me and where I have been changed by His power. I am also ever mindful to try not to cover up those weaknesses, so that I can show that Power to those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment