Monday, February 28, 2011

The Pain of Pride...

February 28, 2011


Lamentations 3:18 so I say, “My endurance has perished…”

Yesterday in small group, our great teacher, Amy, made several statements about endurance, and as God’s providence works, so did last week’s small group lesson. So as I was sitting in both of those lessons, I knew that I no longer have or maybe never had the endurance that I once prided myself on. Yes, I said pride. I’m not sure if I realized that I had pride in my heart of how “great for God” I could be, but there’s no denying that I did. When God decides to reveal areas of pride in your life…oh, how it hurts. I decided maybe I needed to study what this word endure means. By definition it means “The ability or strength to continue or last, especially despite fatigue, stress, or other adverse conditions.” My first stop to learning what scripture says about endurance is Lamentations. And how appropriate it is because I feel just like this…”my endurance has perished.”

No comments:

Post a Comment