Wednesday, January 8, 2014

God's path = Joy

January 8, 2014
Psalm 16:11 You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy, at your right hand are pleasures forevermore


Am I on God’s path? Good question, I guess I figured I was; I mean I know that He directs our steps but am I willingly choosing everyday to walk in the manner and way that He would have me? Yeah, probably not. This verse is very clear that in His presence I can find joy. The best way to be in God’s presence is to be obedient to His will for our lives. If I have found my life to be lacking joy then I should assume, (i.e. admit) that I am not being obedient to God’s will for me. Wow…that’s humbling, and somewhat embarrassing to admit. Its not like this knowledge takes me by surprise but I guess I never expected to see it in such a clear black and white picture. Surrendering to God’s will for our lives is a daily event. Choosing not to do so will lead you to a dark, dry place without the pleasures of life that God gives to His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment