Sunday, January 5, 2014

Finding joy...


January 5, 2013

Joy, what a powerful three-letter word, small but packs a huge punch when it comes to our lives. It is defined as “a source of keen pleasure or delight, the expression or display of glad feeling, a state of happiness.” We live our lives hoping that we can have joy. We perhaps, spend a lot of energy in search of this illusive emotion. It is sad to say that unfortunately many times we miss out on it. We end up being sad, depressed, or angry instead of joyful. This is even sadder in the life of a believer. We, the believer, have the greatest source of joy living within us, The Holy Spirit. Yet, we let outside or possibly inside sources steal our joy. I have in the past said that I never wanted to live without joy because a life without it is fruitless; we are unable to accomplish what God has called us to do. Since then I have walked some dark paths and I find that keeping the joy is harder than one might think. Yet, the keeper or giver of our joy hasn’t changed; He’s still the same. So that means I’ve changed; my focus has changed. I seriously need to rectify this. To do this I must turn to God’s word and see what He says about joy. First up…
        
1 Chronicles 1623-27
         Sing to the Lord all the earth! Tell of his salvation from day to day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples! For great is the Lord and worthy to be praised and he is to be feared above all gods. For all the gods of the peoples are worthless idols, but the Lord made the heavens. Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy are in his place.

So, joy is in “His place.” I need to be in His place to have joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment