Monday, January 13, 2014

God is my joy...

January 13, 2014
Psalm 43:4 Then I will go to the alter of God, to God my exceeding joy, and I will praise you with the lyre, O God, my God.


“…to God my exceeding joy” in this verse it’s evident that God is my joy. Joy, as expressed here, isn’t something that is in me to get or gain but instead is present in the person of God. Therefore, if I have God; I have joy. I have God. I am saved of this I am sure; so apparently I have allowed my sin, my flesh, the stuff of the everyday to cloud the joy that I can have in God. It’s both predictable and definitely sad that things can be going good, for example my quest for joy as been successful in binging me joy, then “WHAM!” out of nowhere we get blasted with a shot of un-joy! ;0 
The arrow of the devil called “un-joy” seems to find me with no problem as of late. I definitely need more ammunition in my arsenal to fight them with.

No comments:

Post a Comment