Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Prayer Magnified...


December 28, 2011

Proverbs 15:29 The Lord is far from the wicked but He hears the prayer of the righteous



I have for several years kept a prayer journal. Its basicly a binder that I write my prayer requests in; I have different sections for the different people in my life. I believe wholeheartedly that it enhances my prayer life to have my requests written down. There is just something about seeing it. A couple times a year I have to re-write it because as God answers the prayers my notebook just becomes congested. This is also an overwhelming experience to have such evidence that God answers prayer. We know it and we believe it because God’s word tells us so; yet, there is again something about holding tangible evidence in your hands confirming it. Seeing really is believing. This year for Christmas from a sweet dear friend I received a beautiful journal. I have decided to make this journal my “My Journal of Answered Prayer”. I will write in it as God answers my prayers. This will be a reminder to me and my children that “…He hears the prayer to the righteous” even when those prayers don’t end like I think they should they always end up the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment