Tuesday, December 20, 2011

knowing is not always believing...


December 20, 2011

Matthew 2:4 and when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together he inquired of them where the Christ was to be born



When Herod wanted to know how to find the new-born king, he went to who would know. He went to the Sadducees and Pharisees; the authorities of the Jewish law and they knew. They knew exactly where the messiah was to be born; yet, they didn’t accompany the magi to find him. I find this hard to believe really; I mean here are these men who have spent their lives studying this. Was their faith so weak they couldn’t believe? Never doubt that this could be me. I could know so much about God; yet, when the time comes can I really believe what I know. It’s not the amount of knowledge that we have but how much we believe what we know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment