Thursday, December 29, 2011

Growing Pains, hurt!


December 29, 2011

1 Corinthians 5:7 Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump



I suppose as we sit and look back at our lives the object is to see growth; we should be able to notice that we are much stronger in our faith than we once were. We should see that our trust in our Savior is stronger than it used to be. If we are growing in our personal walk with God then we will absolutely see this; in those quiet moments with God we grow. Yet, sometimes our growth is more dramatic but it is also more painful. I remember as a child having horrible pains in my knees; they hurt with what I was always told was growing pains. I’m not sure what goes into having growing pains all I know for certain is that it hurts. This past year I had spiritual growing pains. It was a hard year for our family in many ways and many areas. It tested what I had learned about God and showed me many areas of failure in my life. It put each and every truth that I have learned to the test and God never failed me. He kept every promise that He had showed me, and even in the bad situations He answered my prayers for the best. I grew but it was painful. For many years I have heard the saying that growth comes from pain, and this I can attest to is true. I can also say that even knowing what I know, and how hard it was to walk through this year, I would do it again. I would do it again just to feel God holding me up. Just to know Him like I have this past year, just to have no one else to turn to and to know He was enough. He never failed me and He made me new; He made me grow.




No comments:

Post a Comment