Wednesday, December 14, 2011

being useful...


December 14, 2011

Matthew 1:5-6 Salmon begot Boaz by Rahab



I mostly just skim through the genealogies when I come to them. Mostly because I am unfamiliar with who they are and that’s my fault; I should be more knowledgeable. Not this one. This one is one of my favorite genealogies in scripture. Mainly because it mentions Rahab, who is by far one of my favorite women in God’s word. Rahab was a harlot who lived in Joshua’s time. She was a fairly successful one at that because her house was big and located along the Jericho wall. Through a series of events she repented of her sins and believed in the God of Israel. Rahab was also instrumental in helping Joshua and the Israelites defeat the people of Jericho. Rahab then lived among the people of Israel and found herself in the line of Christ. She is the perfect example that our pasts do not in anyway dictate how our futures must be. No matter what is hiding in our pasts we can be of use to God in our futures.

No comments:

Post a Comment