Wednesday, December 21, 2011

tender ruler...


December 21, 2011

Matthew 2:6 …for out of you shall come a Ruler who will shepherd My people Israel



According to John MacArthur’s Study Bible, this is a quote from an ancient prophecy found in Micah and a reference of God’s words to David when He first established the kingdom of Israel. I like it because it really seems to embody who Jesus is to me. He is my ruler. To me being a ruler means you have authority; it means you are in charge. It means that He can even sometimes be stern. I have experienced this; the discipline that God gives to His own. While on the one hand you are glad that you are disciplined because that means you are His, but really, who likes discipline. Yet, even in His discipline He is caring and tender. He is my shepherd. Shepherds by definition must care for their sheep. They must do everything for their sheep; they must guide them, they must protect them and they must rule them. Jesus is both He rules and he tenderly cares for those that are His.  




No comments:

Post a Comment